Professional Tree Service in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
At Arborist Halifax, we’re dedicated to providing reliable service and a high-quality standard of tree work.
If you’re in the Dartmouth area and need help with your trees, we’re ready to assist. We specialize in safe and efficient tree removal services by utilizing modern tree climbing and tree felling techniques. We also provide trimming and tree pruning to ensure the health of your trees so that your property looks its best all year round.
Contact us to receive a free on-site assessment in Dartmouth. We’ll evaluate the best course of action for your specific needs and discuss with you all the details to make sure you get the results you’re looking for.
Why Choose Us?
Get Your Free Quote
Safe Tree Removal in Dartmouth & Surrounding Area
Tree removal should be done by trained and experienced professionals, especially when it comes to diseased trees, technical removals, such as those close to your home or when the tree’s health or structure has been compromised. Removing a large tree as a DIY project can be extremely dangerous.
In order to do it safely, it requires a level of expertise, experience and the right equipment.
When is Tree Removal Inevitable?
- More than 50% of the tree foliage is dead or dying
- The trunk has hollow spots and the tree has become unstable
- The tree is heavily compromised after the storm
- The tree is leaning excessively and poses a high risk to a structure or people
- The tree’s root system is compromised or shows signs of failure
- If there is a significant portion of mushrooms/conks growing on portions of the tree, it’s a sign of internal decay
Check more potential warning signs to recognize a hazardous tree.
Correct Tree Pruning Matters
Our typical tree pruning includes removing all dead/diseased branches, crown thinning/reduction or hedge trimming. There are many more tree pruning techniques available, however. Overall, tree pruning is a great option if you want your trees to remain healthy and strong.
Tree pruning & tree trimming has multiple benefits:
- It improves the safety and health of a tree. Removing weak or dead branches prevents them from falling and potentially causing damage or injury to someone or property.
- Tree pruning and trimming can enhance the aesthetics of a tree by shaping it to a desired form, removing dead and dry branches or limbs, and promoting new growth.
- It can also help boost the tree’s structural integrity by removing crossing branches and directing the tree’s growth for proportion and balance.
Incorrect pruning can harm the tree’s health, safety and growth patterns. Removing too much foliage can kill a tree. Incorrect pruning practices can weaken the tree and make it more susceptible to disease or decay/rot.
That’s why it’s crucial to hire an ISA certified arborist who is knowledgeable and trained in proper tree care practices.